1. How much did Dacia sell during the first four months of 2009 on the Romanian market?
Cornel Manucu: Given the sharp fall of the automotive market, Dacia managed to sell 13,500 cars on the Romanian market in the first four months of 2009.
2. What is Dacia’s current market share in Romania?
Cornel Manucu: Following the first quarter 2009, Dacia’s market share established at 26.2%.
3. Dacia has already used the amount granted under the Programme aimed at encouraging the renewal of the national car park, amounting to 1731 cars. How many orders did Dacia receive overall, after it launched the offer accompanying the Environment Protection National Programme aimed at encouraging the renewal of the National Car Park?
Cornel Manucu: Dacia has already used the amount corresponding to 3,462 cars via the Environment Protection National Programme aimed at encouraging the renewal of the National Car Park. Under the programme, we received 7,842 firm orders and we already count 4,400 deliveries.
4. What are Dacia’s current commercial offers under the Environment Protection National Programme aimed at encouraging the renewal of the National Car Park?
Cornel Manucu: Dacia has a series of offers currently available. Under the car renewal programme, Dacia launched a new entry version called “Logan”, available at 5,900 euros including VAT, or at 4,995 euros, all taxes and scrap bonus included. The entry version features the 1.4 MPI 75 hp engine, the Bosch 8.1 ABS system including the electronic brakeforce distribution, the emergency brakeforce assistance and a driver’s airbag.
Under the same programme, Sandero’s price starts at 5,895 euros (VAT included), whereas the Logan MCV starts at 7,215 euros (VAT included).
Furthermore, all Dacia models bought under the car park renewal programme will benefit by a 4-year or a 120,000-km warranty.
5. Since access to credits has considerably narrowed, do you think that the inclusion of the leasing system into Car Par Renewal Programme could boost the car market?
Cornel Manucu: Including the leasing system as a financing source would allow a greater number of customers to become eligible for the Car Par Renewal Programme. For the same reason, we think that the programme could also be applied to light commercial vehicles.
6. Can Dacia’s authorized agents decide greater discounts for all Dacia models, depending on dealership? To what degree are the authorized agents free to come up with other offers/discounts?
Cornel Manucu: The agents in the Dacia-Renault-Nissan network are mandated to represent the carmaker in its relationship with the customer; the sale actually takes place between the Carmaker and the final Client. It follows that the agents may not decide on discounts. In Romania, Dacia sells its products at the same price, whatever the geographical area or the agent.
7. What was the authorized agent to have marked the best results in 2008 / during the first four months of 2009?
Cornel Manucu: In 2008, SC Meridian Vest SRL (Bucarest) boasted the highest sales, with 3,131 units sold; SC Dacoserv SA (Bucarest) sold the highest number of vehicles during the four months of 2009 (527 units sold).